Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Team

A few weeks ago we spent some quality team-time together on our internship retreat. At 11:00 p.m. we all thought it would be a good idea to all share our testimonies and as 4:00 a.m. came around we were finally wrapping up. After that weekend I think I told Matt that I wanted to put all of our team in my pocket and keep them forever! What truly precious saints we will be privileged to work with for what I'm sure will be a life-changing 10 weeks. I think that we have all learned so much about each other and in better understanding where we each come from we can better love one another when we are in difficult situations. We also thought it would be a good idea if we did a little bio of everyone on our team so that you all know who you're praying for. Now let me introduce you to our AWESOME team:


Lauren
What's to love: Lauren is full of energy, super kind and loads of fun. Her positivity is contagious and her heart for the Lord simply shines. Growing up as a pastor's kid she is able to bring a perspective that I don't always see but can most certainly learn from.






Caitlin
What's to love: Caitlin is our team leader and has been great at dealing with our crazy schedules and patiently letting us get all of the work finished that we need to take to Cambodia. Her laid-back leadership style has been such a blessing and encouragement. She has done a SUPER job so far and we all look forward to what's to come.




Lindsey
What's to love: Lindsey is one of the sweetest people I know and we continue to find out that we have more and more in common. Our unruly hair and insatiable appetites bonded us from the start and the similarities just keep coming. Her gentle spirit is so beautiful and her laugh is contagious and I think 10 weeks in Cambodia will only reveal more wonderful things!












Emily
What's to love: Emily has a PHENOMENAL voice that will bless our ears for the next 1o weeks! She is one who has so much to offer but is very humble so it took me a while to find out about her voice and sense of humor. I think she is an invaluable asset to our team and has the ability to work hard but also break the tension. She's also from the Atlanta area which makes us like her even more :-)





Isaac
What's to love: I was so excited to meet the only other male on our team who would be the one escape for Matt when things got too crazy. Isaac is a man of God who can't help but share about his relationship with the Lord. Hearing him share about what God teaches him makes me excited for how the Lord will use him in Cambodia. He and Matt relate on many levels and I am so thankful to have such a great guy on our team.






This semester our team has spent time each week in prayer together. We all have very similar hearts for what we want to see in Cambodia and know that we can do nothing in our own strength. I have been praying especially that the Lord would keep us humble and broken before Him so that only He would be seen and only He would receive glory. I have also been praying John 17:20-23 which says,
"20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
I think it is amazing that God will show the world who Jesus is by how we believers love one another. I ask that you all would pray these things with us.

There is a missionary that I know of who always says that "eternity is at stake." Let that be all of our mindsets as we live day to day.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for all of your prayers.

MattNCatie

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you started this blog so I can follow along your trip! Love you and we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm so excited to pray with you through this adventure and beyond that (whatever that may be :). Love you both!

    ReplyDelete